Cashel & Emly Resources
Archbishop's Lenten Pastoral Letter
Congratulations on your engagement and we wish you calm and happiness over this time of planning for your most special day.
We believe that Marriage is a sacrament, with the love of the husband and wife mirroring the love that God has for us, his people. We pray that God will journey with you as you make this important commitment.
Some things to attend to:
- At least three months notice to the Church (Contact the Parish Office)
- At least three months notice to the State’s Civil Registrar
- Attend a Pre-Marriage Preparation Course – Book well in advance due to limited availability Contact ACCORD Thurles at 0504 22279 for Details of Upcoming Pre Marriage Courses
- Complete Pre-Marriage Papers in the parish where each of you are living (2-3 months in advance)
- Prepare the Wedding Mass/Service with Music, readings, prayers, flowers etc.
- Talk to the priest officiating at your wedding for ideas on these. If the priest officiating at your wedding is not a priest of the Archdiocese of Cashel & Emly, he will have to be registered as a Temporary Solemniser. He should contact the Diocesan Office to request a copy of the application form. This form should to be submitted to the Diocesan Offices 2-3 months before the date of the wedding. Contact the Diocesan Office at 0504 21512 or [email protected] to obtain a copy of this form