Cashel & Emly Resources
Sunday of the Word of God - 26th January 2020
Pope Francis has established that the Third Sunday in Ordinary Time is to be the Sunday of the Word of God. It is a day to be devoted to the celebration, study, and spreading of the Word of God. It takes place this year on Sunday, 26th January 2020 and builds on the texts and prayers of the Third Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A.
It is an opportunity to highlight the Word of God and the Ministry of Reader in our parishes.
Further notes and a homily based on the scripture readings of the 3rd Sunday Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A and further resources for ‘Sunday of the Word of God’ can be found on the Irish Bishops Conference website;
An Enthronement of the Word of God using the St John’s Bible (courtesy of Mary Immaculate College) will take place at the 10.30am Mass to be celebrated by Most Rev. Kieran O’Reilly, Archbishop of Cashel & Emly, on Sunday, 26th January 2020 in the Cathedral of the Assumption Thurles.
On behalf of the Diocesan Biblical Apostolate Resource Group
Dr Jessie Rogers, Sr Mary O’Brien PBVM, Deirdre Lanigan, Fr Jordan O’Brien O.P., Luke MacNamara, O.S.B., Fr’s Eamonn Fitzgibbon & Martin Hayes.
Congratulations on your engagement and we wish you calm and happiness over this time of planning for your most special day.
We believe that Marriage is a sacrament, with the love of the husband and wife mirroring the love that God has for us, his people. We pray that God will journey with you as you make this important commitment.
Some things to attend to:
- At least three months notice to the Church (Contact the Parish Office)
- At least three months notice to the State’s Civil Registrar
- Attend a Pre-Marriage Preparation Course – Book well in advance due to limited availability Contact ACCORD Thurles at 0504 22279 for Details of Upcoming Pre Marriage Courses
- Complete Pre-Marriage Papers in the parish where each of you are living (2-3 months in advance)
- Prepare the Wedding Mass/Service with Music, readings, prayers, flowers etc.
- Talk to the priest officiating at your wedding for ideas on these. If the priest officiating at your wedding is not a priest of the Archdiocese of Cashel & Emly, he will have to be registered as a Temporary Solemniser. He should contact the Diocesan Office to request a copy of the application form. This form should to be submitted to the Diocesan Offices 2-3 months before the date of the wedding. Contact the Diocesan Office at 0504 21512 or email@example.com to obtain a copy of this form