Cashel & Emly Resources
Welcome to ‘Listening to God’s Word in Isaiah during Advent’ – a new Advent Scripture Reflection initiative prepared by our Diocesan Biblical Apostolate Group.
The purpose of this ‘Listening to God’s Word in Isaiah during Advent’ initiative is to enable prayerful preparation among prayer groups and families in parishes during Advent for Christmas. Also, the reflection questions on Isaiah invite us to prayerfully call upon the Holy Spirit as we move to finalise priorities for our diocese arising from the Listening Process.
‘Listening to God’s Word in Isaiah during Advent’ can be a prayer resource for existing prayer groups and may afford the opportunity to form new prayer groups in parishes or between parishes. The leaflet, distributed to all parishes, is designed to enable groups to get started themselves to meet during the week prior to each Sunday of Advent 2019.
Please note; extra copies can be downloaded by clicking on the link ArchdioceseAdvent 2019 (To print; fit to print as A4 ‘short edge’ feeding in duplex mode.)
Finally, you are invited to avail of the option of participating during the weeks of Advent at a number of centres throughout the diocese which will commence as follows;
Mondays, 2nd & 9th December @ 10.00am in Lisvernane Community Centre – facilitated by Sr Carmel Bourke.
Mondays, 2nd & 9th December @ 2.00pm in Circle of Friends Knockanrawley Centre, Tipperary – facilitated by Sr Carmel Bourke.
Mondays, 2nd, 9th, 16th December @ 2.30pm in Sue Ryder Centre, Holycross – facilitated by Moira Morrissey.
Mondays, 2nd & 9th December @ 7.30pm in the Parish Centre, St. Michael’s St., Tipperary – facilitated by Sadie Moloney & Mary O’Sullivan.
Tuesday, 3rd December @ 10.10am in Galbally Church – facilitated by Marie Collison.
Tuesdays, 3rd & 10th December @ 7.30pm in the Parish Centre, Cashel – facilitated by Sr Rena Ryan, Mary Hally & Margaret Carrie.
Tuesday, 3rd, 10th & 17th @ 7:30 pm in Cleve House, Knocklong – facilitated by Paddy Hyland
Tuesday, 10th @ 8.00pm in the Parish Hall, Boherlahan – facilitated by Eleanor and Willie J Dwyer
Wednesdays, 4th, 11th & 18th December @ 7.00pm for 7.30pm in Cappawhite Resource Centre – facilitated by Ann McGrath & Ann Dargan.
Congratulations on your engagement and we wish you calm and happiness over this time of planning for your most special day.
We believe that Marriage is a sacrament, with the love of the husband and wife mirroring the love that God has for us, his people. We pray that God will journey with you as you make this important commitment.
Some things to attend to:
- At least three months notice to the Church (Contact the Parish Office)
- At least three months notice to the State’s Civil Registrar
- Attend a Pre-Marriage Preparation Course – Book well in advance due to limited availability Contact ACCORD Thurles at 0504 22279 for Details of Upcoming Pre Marriage Courses
- Complete Pre-Marriage Papers in the parish where each of you are living (2-3 months in advance)
- Prepare the Wedding Mass/Service with Music, readings, prayers, flowers etc.
- Talk to the priest officiating at your wedding for ideas on these. If the priest officiating at your wedding is not a priest of the Archdiocese of Cashel & Emly, he will have to be registered as a Temporary Solemniser. He should contact the Diocesan Office to request a copy of the application form. This form should to be submitted to the Diocesan Offices 2-3 months before the date of the wedding. Contact the Diocesan Office at 0504 21512 or firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a copy of this form