The Archbishop of Cashel & Emly, Dr Kieran O’Reilly, has made the following clerical appointments in the Archdiocese:
- Very Rev. Thomas F. Canon Breen, P.P. Fethard & Killusty, to be A.P. Fethard & Killusty.
- Very Rev. George Bourke P.P. Moycarkey, Littleton & Two-Mile-Borris, to be A.P. Moycarkey, Littleton & Two Mile Borris.
- Very Rev. Liam Everard, P.P. Borrisoleigh & Ileigh, to be P.P. Fethard &
- Very Rev. Fr. Tom Fogarty C.C. Moycarkey, Littleton & Two-Mile-Borris to be P.P. Moycarkey, Littleton & Two-Mile-Borris
- Very Rev. Fr. Martin Hayes, Adm. Thurles, to be Director for Pastoral Planning and Development for the Archdiocese.
- Fr. James Purcell Adm. Loughmore & Castleiney to be P.P. Thurles.
- Fr. Gerard Hennessy, C.C. Thurles to be P.P. Borrisoleigh & Ileigh.
- Fr. Celsus Tierney, Adm. Holycross & Ballycahill to be PP Holycross & Ballycahill
- Fr. Tomás O’Connell C.C. Thurles to be Adm. Loughmore & Castleiney
- Fr. Joseph Walsh C.C. Templemore to be C.C. Thurles and Chaplain MIC, St. Patrick’s Campus, Thurles.
- Fr. Sean Fennelly, C.C. to be Adm. Knockainey.& Patrickswell
- Rev Fr. Joseph Tynan, to be Diocesan Director for Communications
- Fr. Dominic Meehan, to be Diocesan Director for Trocaire.
- Fr. Celsus Tierney to be Diocesan Director for World Mission Ireland.
The Appointments take effect from Saturday 12th August 2017
Parish Priest of Thurles
Fr. James Purcell is appointed Parish Priest of Thurles. A new Parish Pastoral Council has recently been appointed and I would like to wish them, the priests of the parish – Fr. Jim, Fr. Joe and Fr. Vincent and their co-workers – religious and lay of the parish, every success and blessing.
Director for Pastoral Planning and Development
With the appointment of a full-time Director for Pastoral Planning and Development, the Archdiocese is continuing the process, already under way, to plan and organise the life of our church in the Archdiocese for the coming years. This new appointment is a commitment on the part of the Archdiocese to the future and to the call to all the baptised to be involved in the life of our Church.